Monday, December 6, 2010

Chapter 4: Parker's Confession


When I was dressed, I headed for the dining room table. It was Friday morning and I didn’t have much time. I decided to finish up my homework. Parker was working out before he took his shower. I sat across from my dad and waited for Parker to finish and my dad to leave for work. I didn’t feel much like talking to Dad so homework it was.
 Parker finished working out and got in the shower. My dad left after our conversation of how we slept. I ate breakfast and started reading when Parker sat down across from me; I wanted to ask so many questions I just didn’t know where to start.

How did you sleep?” I asked over my book. He just continued to read. “Hello anybody home?” I taunted. He didn’t look up. “Are you going to talk to me?” I asked closing my book.
“I said ‘I love you’ and you didn’t say it back. Do you not love me?” His voice wavered with hurt. I was confused. He has never said…only in my…but he couldn’t have been…could he?
“I do love you. You have only said you love me in my dream last night. Is that what you are talking about?” I had to get this straight for me. In my mind.
“I was there.” He stated. He still hadn’t closed his book. “I am your protector. I have to be there if I am not then your life is in danger. Do you understand me?” His voice became hard.
“I don’t understand. How long have you? Why do I need a? How do you get in my? What is going on?” I fired the questions as they came to my mind. I missed many words so I hoped Parker knew what I was asking.
He walked me over to the couch so we could talk in comfort.
“I don’t have all the answers, all I know is that when your father traveled through time I was created by the ripple in time. Our lives are linked because of the time rip.” He explained.
My shock had overcome my mouth. All I could say was, “Go on.”
“So here we sit and I have fallen in love with you. I have devoted my life to you and I will never leave you.” He was beginning to tear up. I wasn’t sure what I should ask next.                                  
Thinking of how to ask, I decided to go with, “Parker, am I in danger? I have to know what is going on.” Then I waited several minutes and when he didn’t answer I stood up.
“We have to go to school.” I stated plainly.
Parker and I didn’t say anything to each other on the bus ride to school. It was a long and lonely ride without conversation. Once at school, Parker kissed me in the hall and as he walked away, he announced over his shoulder, “I’ll see you in Bio, I love you.” Then he ducked in the door to homeroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment