Sunday, December 5, 2010

Chapter 3 The First Dream

I didn’t remember falling asleep, although I knew I was before the dream began. I wasn’t sure where I was or why it was so dark. I wondered what was in my hand. My fear was rising. I couldn’t see around me so I focused on what I could hear. Water, birds, wind blowing through leaves, okay where am I. Well if I don’t ask I may never know.
“Where am I?” I asked the empty air around me. Then I could see.
Now the fear was really rising. I had never before been fishing and really didn’t want to start in my dreams. Fishing made people stink and I hate stinking. I almost felt as though I knew what I was doing.
A bright flash of light and I was blinded again. My head hurt when I felt as though I was no longer moving. I could hear water still but it was far away. I didn’t feel anything in my hands, and didn’t care where the fishing pole was. When I could see…
I found myself in the desert in front of an old temple. I wasn’t sure to whom this temple belonged but I knew I was here for a reason.

“Where the heck am I and what am I doing here?” I yelled at the top of my lungs. I was sure no one heard me so I headed up the stairs.
I reached the top of the first group of stairs and was heading for the second when I felt a pulling in my stomach. I stopped in my tracks.
“Who do you look for? I may be able to help you find this person.” A voice sang behind me. “You are looking for your mother are you not?” The voice continued. “You look like her. I am sure if you turned around you would see just how much.”
The voice was so entrancing and I wanted to turn around I knew I shouldn’t, not yet. “I don’t think I should. I have waited my whole life to see you. I just don’t feel as though I should right now.” My fear was turning in to full blown panic at this point.

“My dear you do not have to fear me. I am your mother. I can only visit you while you are in dream state.” The Queen explained. “I have visited you in the past, but because you have not known who I am those are the dreams you forget.” She sounded almost apologetic. I wasn’t sure how to take that.
“Why have you brought me here? You couldn’t visit me at home? I would feel safer there.” I said with the panic growing even more.
“I need you to catch a Crypt Moth and bring it to me here at this spot. I cannot catch them because I am only a spirit. I have to have a human catch it for me.” She explained my presence here, I guess.
“Where do I find one?” I asked then I noticed I was in the dark again. My head was pounding and I couldn’t feel the ground below my feet.
When my head quit hurting and the ground was under my feet, again I opened my eyes. That is when I saw the most beautiful moth ever. I stuck out my finger and one landed on it. I was shocked.
“That was easy!” I said to the moth. “That is if you where what I was to catch.” I waited for the dizziness to come back but it didn’t. I looked around to see if I could just walk back to the temple. I didn’t see it anywhere near where I was. So I just sat down and waited.
That was when the dizziness came. Everything black then there was Parker. What was he doing here?
“What are you doing here, Parker?” I wasn’t mad I was curious. He shouldn’t be here.
“I am looking for a relic that the Queen needs me to find. Would you mind helping me? It would go a lot faster.” Parker replied.
I squatted down to help when he found what he thought he was looking for. As we headed back to the Queen’s temple we talked. I told him about the moth. He seemed to think it was strange that the Queen asked them both to find something she couldn’t find herself.
By the time Parker and I got close to the spot we were to hand over the items, the Queen was heading for us.

“Did you find the items?” She asked sweetly. I wasn’t sure what to say. Something inside was telling me to tell her no.
“I found what I believe you sent me to find.” Parker stated. “I’m not going to give it to you though.” He quickly finished.
“And you my dear?” She turned to me and asked, as though Parker said nothing at all. I wasn’t sure what to say.
“No, I am sorry. I couldn’t catch one. I found them just couldn’t get one. I am sorry.” I stammered. I always stammer when I lie. Would she know that? I hoped not.
“That is too bad. Maybe next time you come you will be able to catch one.” The Queen stated with sadness. I almost felt bad for lying.
Then blackness again.
When the darkness was gone, I found myself holding Parkers hands. I was so happy to be away from the Queen, I just wanted to go home now. When I looked around I noticed I had been here before.
“I started this dream here. Do you know where here is?” I asked Parker while I looked around some more.
“Don’t you want to know why I wouldn’t give the item to the Queen?” Parker asked. I really didn’t want to know but I also was kind of curious.
“Yeah, why wouldn’t you give it to her?” I asked half-heartedly. Before he could answer, my head began to hurt. I collapsed into Parkers arms.
“I love you, Kylisha.” I thought I heard Parker say as his voice faded.

No comments:

Post a Comment